Bread maker machines have become enormously popular in recent years and it is not difficult to understand why, when you can simply pop in the ingredients and let the machine make fabulous bread for you.
Below is 2 delicious recipes for you to prepare today:
1. 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread
Amount Measure Ingredient - Preparation Method:
- 3 cups 100% Whole Wheat Flour-level
- 3/8 cup Wheat gluten flour-level
- 1 1/2 cups Water at 110 degrees
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 4 teaspoons Active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons Salt-heaping
- Mix in separate bowl, flour, gluten flour and salt.
- Pour water into bread pan. It is important to use thermometer and that the water be 110 degrees.
- Sprinkle yeast into the water. Stir with wooden spoon until yeast is thoroughly dissolved.
- Add honey. Stir with wooden spoon until honey is thoroughly dissolved.
- Add flour mixtures.
- Gently stir in each corner of pan to help mix mixture.
- Place container in bread machine.
- Put on Bread menu (medium or light).
- Bread Freezes well.
2. 100% Whole Wheat Bread for Bread Machine
Amount Measure Ingredient - Preparation Method
- 1 cup Water
- 2 1/2 cups Wheat bread flour
- 1 1/4 tablespoons of Dry milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/4 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Gluten
- 2 teaspoons Molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fast-Rise yeast *** OR ***
- 2 teaspoons Active-Dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tb Water
- 3 3/4 cups Wheat bread flour
- 2 tablespoons Dry milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Gluten
- 1 tablespoon Molasses
- 2 1/8 teaspoons Fast-Rise yeast *** OR ***
- 3 teaspoons Active-Dry yeast
The trick to making 100% whole wheat bread in your machine is an extra knead, which gives the yeast and gluten a second chance to create a lighter loaf.
When your first knead cycle is completed, simply reset the machine and start again. Some manufacturers produce home bakeries with a whole wheat cycle; If your machine doesn't have one, this start- again method works as an easy alternative.
The gluten gives the whole wheat flour the structure necessary for a good loaf. If your market doesn't stock wheat gluten, try your local health food store. Remember the extra knead. It's especially important in 100% whole wheat bread. Because of the extra knead, use this recipe only on the regular bake cycle.